Shopping cart

close
  • No products in the cart.

PATHWATER STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM

 
 

A New Generation

It’s time for a new generation to take charge. The greatest hope is our youth, the only time is now. Join the movement of a new generation to improve communities, schools, ocean life, and our future...

 

BOTTLED WATER 101

  • Where does bottled water come from?

    Bottle water comes from many places depending on the location and the primary source of water in that location. This can include groundwater, upland lakes, springs, reservoirs, rivers, canals, atmospheric water generation, rainwater harvesting, fog collection, desalination, and surface water that is open to the atmosphere. Ultimately bottled water comes from either municipally sourced locations, springs, and sometimes, faraway vacation destinations. Ethically sourced bottled water is always locally and thoroughly filtered.

  • How is water processed and filtered?

    It depends on the source. Municipal and large-scale water filtration systems are intricate and filters water in these general steps pretreatment, coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, dissolved air flotation, filtration, membrane filtration, remove of ions, removal of dissolved solids, and disinfection. Yah, it’s a bit complicated. Water is processed in different forms but generally tap water is the most regulated by the EPA and has level limits on contaminants to keep people safe

    Ultra-purified bottled water filtration systems can include Carbon blocker, Sediment filters, Ten-micron filters, Reverse Osmosis Membrane, Five-micron filters, Ultraviolet light, and Ozone.

  • Why do people buy bottled water?

    There are many reasons we have become addicted to bottled water. Most of this addiction was manufactured by beverage companies when people started drinking less soda and more water. Beverage profits declined and an entire campaign was created to demonize tap water so that the new bottled water would be the only choice people thought of when they got thirsty. Unfortunately, it worked! And most people believed that they were better off, but the truth is, it was all a marketing ploy to shift a society away from a nearly free water source to an expensive alternative to help beverage companies make up for the loss in soda drinking profits. But now, youth is becoming wiser. We don’t fall for the same campaigns that trick us out of money and into polluting the planet.

    There are also some legitimate times in our lives we just need bottled water. Maybe we forgot or lost our bottle,or we’re plain parched and can’t wait, or we live in a place where the drinking water hasn’t been treated (think Flint, Michigan). That’s why it’s important to take care of our local water sources. To be involved and make sure the standards stay high and that everyone has fair and equitable access to clean water.

  • Why does plastic pollution matter?

    Plastic pollution matters for many reasons. Firstly, plastics are made from petroleum. Right now plastics are wreaking havoc on ocean life and suffocating our landfills. Plastic water bottles take 450 years to decompose and only minutes to be used. When looking at the damages that plastics are causing, it’s much easier to take another route, a better path, and that’s why we’ve created PATHWATER.

  • How is PATHWATER a solution to plastic pollution?

    PATHWATER is a hybrid between convenient water bottles and reusable canteens. It offers a perfect entryway for anyone to start drinking water sustainably.

  • How does recycling work?

    Well, it’s a bit tricky but let’s reverse engineer how we look at recycling. In order for metal, glass, and plastics to be converted into NEW products, there must be market demand for those products and those products must be durable, usable, and profitable. Now, in the commodities markets (where things are materials before they become a product) THIS is where we get to learn which recyclables are actually valuable and which recyclables are really just high-risk, low-quality trash. This is where we differentiate plastics recycling from metals and glass. You see, most plastics are NOT valuable in the recycled commodities market, that’s why 90% get funneled to incinerators and landfills, and the other 10% get made into inferior products. Metals, on the other hand, are highly valuable and have a strong recycling program to recover 100% of the materials that get tossed in a recycling bin. Commodity markets love metals! They keep recycling programs funded, unlike their cheap counterparts that ultimately are just trashing up the planet.

THE IMMERSION GAME

 
 
Scroll To TopScroll To Top